Monday, October 4, 2010

Another Bump in the Road of Pregnancy!!

As some of you may know, my first trimester or more like first 18 weeks of pregnancy was a very terrible experience. I was super sick with lots of nausea and throwing up. When I started taking nausea medicine, I got terrible migraines that knocked me flat on the couch. Plus, during all of this, I got plantar faciaitis in my foot (pulled ligament on the bottom of my foot). Thank goodness for a wonderful mother who took good care of my children and me during this challenging time. What a blessing to be living in her house!!

Now for the fun part, when I was pregnant with Sadee, I got these terrible pains in my groin/crouch area about 30 weeks or so along. They started very mild and continued to get worse until I finally went on percocet for the last month of my pregnancy to survive. Not fun!! Well, surprise, surprise, the pains are back. They started a week or so ago, and they are much more painful to begin with!! On the days that I tried to tough it out, and go about my normal day, I was in such severe pain at the end of the day, I could barely walk!

I went to my doctor's appointment last wednesday, and told her about my pains! She explained to be that I had torn a ligament. Apparently, your pelvic bone is joined together by a ligament that can get stretched out due to pregnancy and can sometimes be torn. Now, of course this doesn't heal on its own and it only hurts when I am pregnant, due to the added pressure of a baby.

Solution: Moderate bed rest and no exercise, even slow walks are not allowed!

Translation: The couch will be my best friend, and I will gain lots of weight!! Awesome!!

The main problem is I can't stand for very long or it starts to ache really bad. I have to shower while sitting, do makeup and blow dry my hair from my bed, and I can't play with the girls, dancing and following them around anymore!!

I would really appreciate any new book ideas and projects to do while I am stuck sitting all day long!! I am only halfway through and the pain will get increasingly worse as the baby gets heavier and heavier!! The time spent on the couch will get increasingly more and more!!

5 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

I watched a lot of movies/tv try net flicks. I also did crocheting and cross stitching. Yesterday I learned to make a crotchet flower on you tube for Aubrey to wear when we bless her. You could make hair bow's/flowers because I am sure you don't have enough already... catch up on journaling, Good luck.

Amy Densley said...

I just finished reading "These Is My Words", which was great and I am now reading "The Help", which is awesome! Good luck!

Rene'e said...

I agree, "the help" is a great book. I also just finished, the Uglies,Pretties,Specials trilogy by scott westerfield. I thought it was good.
I'm sorry you are in pain that is NEVER fun. My only suggestion is to try and involve your girls so they don't feel left out or by the time baby comes they are really needing you and it is just a mess :) Maybe have storytime or color with them on the couch everyday. Good Luck, wish I could help :(

The Moss Family said...

I'm not even a reader and i liked "The Help" too. First book I've read in years!

Leymaster Family said...

Oh no that is too bad. Good thing you have your mom. Good luck! Have you read The Help? I have not it is my next read and heard great thing about it.