A Backyard!!!
This may seem like a silly thing to some people, but it is a fabulous upgrade for us. Especially for ME!!! When we lived in Provo, we didn't have a backyard. When we were living with my parents, they only had a pool in their backyard. NOW....my girls can play outside whenever they want and I don't have to be outside with them at all times!! YEAH!!!
Scary Story for you.....After we had lived in our new place for a few weeks, we had left our windows open one night to let some cool air in while we slept. Josh woke up about three AM, to the sound of glass breaking. He heard people shouting and making a lot of noise, and he thought it was our next door neighbors having a party. When he got up to close the window, he thought he saw the sun already up through the blinds. The "sun" turned out to be a fire at our next-door neighbors house. He woke me up and I flew out of bed. As I ran to the girls room, a girl came pounding on the door, and I opened it up, and she said "you need to start watering down your house with a hose." I told her I had to get my kids out, so she raced to the backyard. I grabbed the girls with no shoes in their pajamas, and then grabbed grayson out of bed, and we got out of the house. A police officer made sure we were out and said we were not allowed back in. I jumped in the car with the kids, and we drove to my parents. No point in waiting around there!
Josh stayed back to keep an eye on things, and to see if he could be of any help. Luckily, the firemen were able to get the fire under control and our house was not harmed. Our tree got a little burned and the fence got a little melted. As you can see from the pictures below.
The burned roof!



2 comments:
The backyard is such a gift. My two spend all day back there. So nice.
scary about the fire next door! And I totally wish our condo had a backyard. that isone thing I LONG for!!
Post a Comment